Sunday, July 25, 2010

How Great the Father's Love for us

This morning, Tyler and I sang "How Great the Father's Love for us"...During our run-through, it went like it was supposed to. Come the real thing, I messed up.. AHHHH! I have literally listened to this a hundred times. Each time I could just kick myself for messing up. Here's what happened...when we first got the song, it was hard to hear the intro to my part. I finally got it, but was still insecure about it. During the actual performance, I freaked out because I couldn't hear the music that well and thought I came in too early for my verse. Turns out, I came in at the right time. I stopped and then had to rush the words "my sin upon his shoulders". When it comes to singing, I am a perfectionist. I will sing a song over and over and over, day after day after day. So...you can imagine how upset I was with myself. Oh well...It could have been worse, right?

I've never really thought about recording myself singing...I had someone record my mom, Matt, and myself when we sang a trio simply because I knew it would probably never happen again! Matt used to sing ALL the time in high school. We sang duets at any opportunity and we were often asked to sing at city-wide events. He claims that he is nervous and can't sing as good as he used to. Also, he says that when he was in musical theater, he couldn't see the audience because of the bright lights. I told him that we could always put a blindfold over his eyes! I will try to post the trio sometime in the near future. OH...back to videoing..I'm going to try and record myself whenever I sing, and I'm going to do this for 2 reasons. 1., It will be a great thing to show my kids, grand kids, etc. 2., It's great for critiquing! ;)

Tyler, if you are reading this, thank you for singing with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment