Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...back to school I go!

Well...today was my first day of my 2nd year of teaching! :) It's great to have that first year packed under my belt. I can only imagine what my parents thought when they heard that it was my first year. I wonder if they were as nervous as I was!!!

Matt and I had dinner with our friends, Ashley and Eric Stokes. I got home around 10 and decided that I would wake up early and get on the treadmill. Normally I would stay in bed until the last minute, but as soon as my alarm went off this morning, I was up and getting ready. I walked/jogged(SOME!) on the treadmill for 20 minutes, then got in the shower and took my time getting ready. It was really nice and it helped me wake up and get my thoughts all together. I really hope that I can keep this up! Our first day back wasn't so bad. We attended some professional development meetings and worked in our classrooms. I took my lunch so that I could be more healthy AND save money. A little after lunch, I got a bad headache. I was miserable and could hardly do any work in the classroom. I ended up going to K-Mart, getting a diet coke, a snicker bar (I know that defeats the whole DIET thing...but I needed it, ok?!)and Excedrin. I then met up with Ashley to get a much needed pedicure. About halfway into the pedicure, I began to feel MUCH better.

I should be asleep, but felt I should blog...This is Matt's 3rd week on 3rd shift. It hasn't really gotten easier on me. I'm thankful that I get to see him, but I sure do miss sleeping with him at night. He was my personal heat pillow! ;)

My facebook status is "Keep in mind the person that came up with the old adage, 'sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me' was obviously deaf....Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts." I'm feeling a little down tonight...I shouldn't let words get to me. Life is too short and there are so many special people in my life I could focus on...There's just a certain someone that I can't seem to let out of my grips. Words may mean something to you, but to me, it's a sting in my heart. Anyway...maybe I shouldn't write sad things...but I guess that's why it's my blog...it helps...sort of..

I began leading small group for our junior high girls. I'm so nervous, but excited. I really felt like the Lord was tugging me towards that direction. I hope that I can minister and touch their lives in some way. In a way I feel inadequate to lead in such a way, but then again, no one is perfect. Not you, not me, not your mama, not even your preacher. It's a daily thing. As I grow closer to the Lord and truly realize his holiness, the more aware of my sin I become; therefore, more prepared to face the truth and stop the sin. I don't know...my mumbo jumbo!

I should go to bed.

Next time I post, I will tell you about my hair catastrophe!

No comments:

Post a Comment