Wednesday, August 4, 2010

3rd shift/hair disaster

3rd shift SUCKS. This week has been a pretty good week, considering I'm back to school!! Waking up has been an adjustment, but it always is. Tomorrow is our "sneak-a-peak", and I'm not ready. I still have a LOT to do. I've been working in my classroom ALL summer and I get down to the wire and STILL HAVE THINGS TO DO...SO frustrating! I wanted to stay late today, but I knew that if I did, I would miss out on time with Matt. I got home and had dinner with him. We sat on the couch and watched the latest episode of "Teen Mom"...gosh, I love that show! ;) Before we know it, he has to get ready and leave for work. Tonight I kept holding on to him and hugging him. I told him bye and went back in the living room. When I knew he was about to walk out, I ran to get one more hug and kiss. As soon as I heard his truck drive off, I lost it. He's been at his new job for a month now. I thought it would be a little easier by now, but if anything, I feel worse. I sat there crying and thought to myself, how in the world did I make it through him working 2nd shift? About 3 months into our marriage he got on to 2nd shift at his old job. He went in to work at the time I was getting off and he did not get home until 1 or 2 in the morning. We literally did not speak to each other or see each other. It was awful. I'm trying my best to be thankful that I get to talk to him and see him, but I'm selfish and want more! Again, it's one of those hormonal nights for me!

Ok...previous post I told you that I'd share my hair story...well, here goes!
I normally color my hair. In the winter I color it a little darker (dark auburn), and in the summer I put highlights in it. I've never had a problem coloring my own hair. The only downside is that it doesn't last as long as professional salon coloring, and it takes me FOREVER. I have a friend who got into hair. I talked to her (on a Thursday)and she said she could color it on Monday. Friday rolls around and I'm just too impatient. I go to the store and decide to try a new hair color...B-I-G MISTAKE. My hair looked like black cherry. It was awful. Not only that, the color came with a highlighting kit. It highlighted my hair to this awful orange color. I decided to put brown over it to cover it up. It helped, but my hair still looked like black cherry. The next day I decided to get hair color remover...2nd B-I-G MISTAKE...the hair color remover not only stripped the box hair color out, it also took MY hair color out leaving it to a light orange color...Can you even imagine?! I then put medium brown on it because the hair color remover box suggested you immediately color it after removing the color. Well...light orange plus medium brown equals BRIGHT RED...I wish I was kidding. I had to wear a hat for 2 days straight. I missed morning church because I was so embarrassed. Monday FINALLY rolled around and I went in at 10 to see my friend. I'm thankful to report that she did a GREAT job. My hair is now medium brown with golden highlights just a shade or two lighter. I'm loving it.

Well...off to another lonely night! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment