Saturday, July 24, 2010

School starts in 9 days. I'm ready, but not ready. I've enjoyed my summer, but in a way, I'm ready to jump back into a routine. I've been working very hard in my classroom all summer. I will put pictures up next week!

Matt hurt himself this past week. He came home, got in the bed, and started crying out in pain. I was really worried about him. The pain was on his back but wrapped around to under his ribcage. He doesn't have insurance right now since he just got a job. I'm the type of person who researches everything and then think the worst. It's probably not healthy ;) I begged him to let me take him to the doctor and he repeatedly refused. It's Saturday and he gets better and better, day by day.

Yesterday, Mama and I went to the MART! For years we have wished we could go. Mama goes once a year for a dental conference and stocks up on things. At a training last week, I learned that they have something called "Corporate Friday". Anyone with a job can attend Corporate Friday. After we heard the news, we planned a trip! We left Phenix City around 9:30 and did not get home until 7:00. We literally shopped till they were closing! I had so much fun and bought a lot of birthday and Christmas gifts for others. I also bought a few things that I wanted. I don't really shop for "me" anymore. Of course, that's a good thing and I have everything I need. It felt nice to see something I liked and buy it. Not to mention, it was very cheap!

We got home to grumpy people. We refused to let them steal our happiness!!

I left my parents house and went to the church to practice a song. I am singing this Sunday. On Thursday, an idea popped into my head. For a while I have wanted to sing certain Selah songs, but needed a good guy singer...Well, I think I might have found him! He's in the youth. I messaged him on facebook and asked if he would be interested in singing a duet with me in church. (I figured it'd be at a later date). He was excited and asked when I wanted him to sing with me. I decided to go out on a limb and say this Sunday (which was only 3 days away). He responded and said, "Sure! What are we singing?" The next day we went to Lifeway and picked out a song. He does a great job. I'm pretty sure that the little old ladies are going to faint when they hear him ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment