Sunday, July 25, 2010

How Rude!

Feeling frustrated tonight...maybe it's my hormones.

Matt and I took a nap today. It was entirely too long and I probably won't get to sleep at a decent time tonight. His parents are leaving in the morning to go to Kissimee, FL for a family reunion so we wanted to see them before they left. We were going to go out for dinner, but since we woke up so late, we had dinner at McDonald's. I can't begin to tell you the last time I've eaten at a fast food place besides Chick-fil-a! ;)

Anyways, Matt is a fast eater. I'm not horribly slow, but I don't shove the food in my mouth quite the way he does. We're sitting there and he has finished eating. I can kind of tell that he looks irritated. I finished my meal (didn't even eat all of my nuggets) and took one bite out of my apple pie and he says, "You ready to go?" Are you serious? Really? I'm not even finished and he's ready to push me out of the seat. I was not happy. I got up and left. Matt is normally a gentleman, but tonight, he really pushed my buttons. Would it have really hurt him to sit there for 2 more minutes? To me, that's saying, I don't care about you. I don't value you or the time we spend together. I felt like I wasn't important to him. We get to his parents and he sits on the couch playing around on his phone for a few minutes. During that time, I was thinking to myself "this is what we rushed out for". This is what was so important to him. We left and he headed to work. I headed home in tears. It sounds so silly to you, I'm sure, but how hard is it to spend an extra few minutes with YOUR WIFE? He called me because he knew I was upset about something. He didn't think anything was wrong with it... go figure.

So tonight I sit here feeling sad, lonely, unimportant to my husband, and hormonal...UGH. And no, I'm not pregnant.

3 comments:

  1. This post made me smile. Not because I'm glad you're sitting there feeling sad and lonely, but because I can relate. My Matt's never rushed me through an apple pie, but he's done plenty of other stuff that has made me feel similarly let down. I also thought the final "And no, I'm not pregnant" was humourous. It's a fact for the 20 something married lady that she can't have a sad or sick day without people making assumptions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it's not just my husband? We've had one of those nights too. If I had a "boys are dumb" t-shirt, I'd sure be wearing it tonight! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie, if I ever comment that I am tired, I get asked that...gracious! Rebecca, boys really can be dumb! ;)

    ReplyDelete