Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hello...It's been a while..

Ethel had her surgery last week and she did great...until about 3 days later. When Matt brought her home, it was awful. She was drugged up and absolutely pitiful! We felt horrible, but by the next morning, she was more like herself. We did our best to keep her calm. Day 3 after surgery, I came into the kitchen that morning to find puke EVERYWHERE. It was awful. She puked almost every 30 minutes for a few hours. I didn't know what to do. We took her to the vet for them to tell us that they couldn't find anything wrong with her. The vet suggested that I boil some chicken and rice for her and gave us some nausea medicine to give her. The assistant comes in a few minutes later to check us out and she said, "That'll be $81.88".....?? I almost fainted. Are you kidding me?! $88.00 for someone to tell me that nothing is wrong with her and give her FOUR pills??....After we left the vet, she acted as if nothing were ever wrong. From then on, Matt called her "faker". "Come on, Faker, and go potty". haha... Here I am, in the kitchen, cooking a meal for a DOG! I put it in a bowl for her, and does she even sniff it??? Nope...time completely wasted!

Last Wednesday, Matt had a job interview. We left the house over an hour early to get there early...Boy, were we early! He asked me to go with him. If you ask me, I think I'm his lucky charm :) The last interview he went to, I accompanied him on the way there and sat in the car until he was finished..He was offered the job, but then declined it due to a raise at Golden's. Anyways...he went in at 4. An hour passes and I have to pee so bad that my kidneys are hurting. Another hour passes and he calls me and tells me to get some food because it'll be a while. I go and get gas, a candy bar, and pee. I came back and he was standing outside....I say all of this to announce that he got the job! He walked in at 4 and came out at 7. Now he's waiting on a call from HR to set up his drug test, paperwork, etc.

The guys have gotten back on the walkway. I will post pictures of the progress soon.

I've been working in my classroom and have gotten a lot done :)

Matt and I have made some new, married, friends :) The Stokes...I work with Ashley, and we continue to get closer and closer. We went to highschool together, but she was a year older. We've been supporting each other since the beginning of school and I'm so glad to have her as a friend. After I met her husband, Eric, I knew that he and Matt would get along well. After saying we needed to plan something, we finally went through with it. We went to Applebee's a few weeks ago and then went over to their house. Last week they came over to our house and we grilled out, played rock band, and watched a movie (which was extremely scary!). Yesterday we met up with them at the movies and watched Eclipse...Speaking of Eclipse, I went to the midnight premier. I haven't had that much fun in a while! We got there early and didn't have to wait long. It was awesome.

Matt went on a cleaning frenzy a few days ago and our house is cleaner than it was when we moved in. Now I'm bored because I don't have anything to do around here :)

We used to have a rule when we first got married..."You cook, I clean". It didn't really stick, because no matter who cooked, I normally ended up cleaning. Tonight I cooked, and while we were sitting at the table, he leans over and farts. UHHH. I was so mad! It literally made me lose my appetite. As I was throwing my food in the trash can I said, " I cooked, you can clean."...and walked into the office..I can hear him now, cleaning the plates and unloading the dishwasher..ha! Serves him right!!

Well, I'm off. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you've found some friends to hang out with! As many nice people as there are around, it's hard sometimes to find some that you mesh well with and that are in the same "place in life" as you.
    As for Matt's dinner behavior... ewww - ick! Good for you for sticking him with Kitchen duty! :)

    ReplyDelete