Friday, June 18, 2010

2 weeks notice

Well...Matt turned in his 2 weeks notice yesterday at Golden's Foundry.

Questions that I ask myself:
1. What are we going to do? I have no clue...walk by faith.
2. Am I scared? no, I'm terrified...freaking out!
3. Will we be ok? Somehow, yes.
4. What's most important? Happiness..not money.

Over the last 6 months, Matt has come home miserable. He works with people who have a lot of mean in their bones. I'm worried because he doesn't have a job to back himself up, but I also feel at peace. I never wanted Matt to get "stuck" at that foundry like many of those people (and some of his family) have. He's too smart and does not deserve to have to work with people who disrespect him. Some events happened and one of his supervisors went behind his back; a supervisor that he trusted, looked up to, and confided in. He was already not happy, but when your closest friend throws you under the bus, you need to get out of that situation. The devil is alive in that place and I'm thankful that Matt has the sense to get away and move on. If you read my blogs, please take a moment to lift Matt up in your prayers.

Our friend Chris had his "j pouch" surgery yesterday. Jamie called me and let me know that it went great. What a relief! I hope to drive up there next week after VBS.

Today I think I'll go up to the school and work in my classroom for a bit.

God is good.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

  1. Your questions echo those that I asked myself 11 months ago!

    ReplyDelete