Monday, January 2, 2012

Recap of Christmas 2011

Christmas was very special this year because Matt and I woke up to the greatest gift ever, our son. I know that gifts are not the meaning of Christmas, but nevertheless, gifts are given, and I gave and received some pretty cool things. I had a photo book made of Edison's birth for my parents, my Aunt Sharon, Matt's parents, and Matt's grandparents. As soon as I get over some debt, I plan to get another one printed for my Grandparents. I also had a personalized calendar made for my mom. Each month has a collage of pictures from that same month a year earlier. Matt's big gift was a banjo. I'm SO glad I got it for him because he is really enjoying it. He loves "The Office" so if you're a watcher of that show, you may remember the "rabies fun run show". I got him the fun run shirt that they wore on the office. I also got him some clothes, the book "Decision Points", and the 1st season of "The Walking Dead" on blu ray. My mom always goes above and beyond. She loves to give. She had Edison's coming home outfit put in a shadow box. She also got me a lot of other random things that I circled in some magazines. When we were kids, we would circle things that we wanted for Christmas from magazines such as Toys R Us. Many years later, she still has me circling things! haha...She got me some things for my camera, but most importantly, she got me PHOTOGRAPHY CLASSES!!! To make that gift even better...we will be taking the class together! We are going to have so much fun! Matt got me a new lens for my camera and some other things for my camera. He also got me a remote control for my camera. On Christmas morning, we were able to take a picture of us with the camera remote instead of using the timer function on the camera...too neat! I made a breakfast casserole. I really wanted to go to church. I love going to church on Christmas. We didn't make it. :/ The pictures below are pictures I took using the remote! :)
It was a wonderful Christmas. I look forward to teaching Edison the reason for Christmas! Matt's dad (Pappy) blessed us this Christmas with new tires for my car. I needed them in a bad way and we are so grateful for that gift! Most of all, my favorite part of Christmas was sitting in my living room with just my husband and baby with wrapping paper all over the floor. I love my little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment