Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back to work!

I went back to work today after a wonderful 2 weeks of Christmas break. It wasn't so bad, but my body will have to readjust. I've gotten used to waking up with Edison around five, giving him a bottle, and going back to bed for a few more hours. Now it will be give Edison a bottle a get ready and no going back to sleep. With Matt being on 3rd shift, it's a lot of work for one person. I feel for single moms. I'm glad to at least have Matt in the evenings. Tonight I really wanted to go to choir, but after being away from Edison all day, and rarely seeing Matt, I just wanted to be home with my boys. We didn't do anything special, but I was able to feed Edison carrots for the first time and give him a bath. I feel guilty every Wednesday that I'm not there, but then when I am,i feel guilty for leaving Edison a second time in one day. Once I get home, it's bed time for Edison and me, and Matt is leaving for work....Then I try to justify skipping choir. I was so loyal for so long. Do I go to practice, or do I spend time with my family? Tonight,i chose choice number two....

As I type, I have the cutest, sweetest smelling, cuddly little baby boy sitting beside me looking at the bright screen. Oh...I also have a sweet, furry, cuddly dog on my other side. Life is good.

Tomorrow the kids come back to school. Hopefully Edison will sleep well so that I have the energy for my other 35 kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment