Thursday, January 12, 2012

Is it summer break yet???

I'm exhausted. Taking care of Edison on my own at nights and getting him and myself ready and to our places on time is literally draining me. Yesterday I went to sleep around 6:00pm. I never heard Matt shower, get ready, OR leave for work. Edison woke me around 11, I gave him a bottle and he went back down until 5:30. I felt much better a rested today.

At 4:00, Edison had pictures made with Julie Hedges (wedding photographer). Originally, I decided we would not have "professional" pictures of Edison made since Matt got me such a nice camera, but in messages back and forth on facebook, she really wanted to take his picture. I knew I couldn't afford them so I kept backing away from the subject. In a recent message she sent, she said,"Dangit, bring that baby to me or I'm coming to get him!" So....I brought him...she, being the sweet heart she is, offered to GIVE me a cd of the pictures

When I dropped Edison off with my mom this morning, I stressed the importance of him getting a nap right before pictures so that he would be all smiles. I left work 15 minutes early and on the way to her house I called her. She told me that he had not had a nap in a long time. I just knew he was going to be tired/cranky. I met Mama and we rode together to Julie's. When we got there, Edison was just as happy as could be. He was such a good sport! I can't wait to see the pictures. Even though Julie is giving me a cd, no charge. I'm SURE I'll want to order more and book another sessions with her..and hey, maybe that was her intention in the first place ;) Either way, I'm glad we did it. I was thrilled with the newborn pictures Mama and I took of him when he was 4 days old. If you ask me, it was professional material. Now that he is 5 months, I'm glad we were able to get some more pictures that will be extra professional. Julie, if you read this...thank you. I'm sure I will be booking more sessions...haha

Tonight, Mama and I started a photography class. It's through CSU's continuing education program. The class is every Thursday, for a month, and then on Saturday, January 28th, we will have an ALL day long picture session that is hands on. We learned SO much about our cameras and about ISOs, aperture, and shutter. I think I'm going to take my camera to school tomorrow to play around. I'll take some of my students during "Friday Free Play".
By the way, I do not plan to become a professional or make money off of photography. I'm just taking classes so that I know everything about my camera and how to use it properly. :)

Tomorrow is Friday and Monday is a holiday! Thank you, Jesus!

I look back at this year and wonder if I could have done all of this on my own (teaching on my own). I am so grateful for my team teacher. She was there when I was on maternity leave and always steps up to the plate whenever there is a need. She isn't as straight-forward as me and I just hope she enjoys teaming with me as much as I enjoy teaming with her.

Edison is spending the night with Maw tonight...For some reason, I feel guilty. I feel as if I should be caring for him at all times. I understand that I have to go to work and therefore someone else has to watch him during those hours, but when I am able to care for him, I feel like I need to be caring for him. After our photography class, we came back to my parents' houses where Edison was (Uncle Go Go was watching him). I woke him up and was preparing to put him in his carrier. My mom told me I ought to let him stay with her. Previous times I have declined the offer. I think he was 3 or 4 weeks old the last time he stayed with her. I said yes. I have to realize that she WANTS him to spend the night and she WANTS me to be able to rest. I don't know what I'd do without my Mama....speaking of that, my best friend from Elementary school lost her mom. She had a heart attack in her sleep...how awful..and scary.. My heart breaks for her.

I also have a friend from high school who just had a baby about 2 months ago. He was born with a cleft lip/palate. He is so precious. He has many surgeries awaiting him in the future and my heart goes out to my friend and her husband. I. can. not. imagine. Nor do I want to imagine having to watch my child endure such awful things.

Matt's cousin is about 3 months old and the doctors discovered that he has cataracts on both of his eyes. He is basically blind. Again, my heart feels so heavy. I just can't imagine the worry and hurt that these mothers must feel.

I thank God for Edison and just pray that he will continue to be healthy...you just never know. Life is so crazy.

Well...I'm baby free tonight and it's after 11:00. I better take advantage of this sleep I'm about to get!

Night, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment