Monday, June 27, 2011

Boy or girl??? Deciding on a name!

I felt deep down I was having a boy. Mother's intuition, I suppose! ;)

We went to Baby Waves on Valentines Day, February 14, 2011. I was so nervous and excited. It was the first time that I would be seeing this little creature inside of me.

The lady began the ultrasound. She showed us each body part. The neatest thing about the whole experience was seeing that tiny heart beating so strongly.

A few moments later she said, well..."It's a BOY!" We were very excited and for me, was confirmation on my gut feeling.

When it was over we walked to the car and Mama had us a gift. It was little boy things.

It was then time to start thinking of a name.

Before we were pregnant, Matt would sometimes throw names out that he thought were cool. The good thing was that we weren't big on traditional, everyday names. We didn't want anything crazy, just different. Being a teacher, I come across hundreds of names. During one of his name ideas, he asked me how I liked the name Edison. Honestly, I didn't love it immediately. It grew on me and I told him that I liked it. After we found out we were having a boy, we both still had the name Edison in the back our minds. We looked through a baby name book that had thousands of names. We liked a few of the names, but we just kept going back to Edison. We decided that Edison would be his name and now we were in debate of his middle name. I told Matt I either wanted him to be Edison Matthew, or Edison Mark after his Dad. Matt decided he liked Edison Mark after his dad best, so there it was! Within 2 days of finding out what we were having, we had his name set!

Edison Mark Sawyer...arriving in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment