Monday, June 27, 2011

telling friends and family

Jamie and Chris came over to exchange Christmas gifts. I got her a bib that said, "I love my Aunt." She got me wine and popcorn and in my head I thought, "Man...I have to go nine more months without wine!" I said thanks and hugged her. She opened her gift and lifted the bib. Then she put her hands over her mouth in shock. We hugged and cried. It was a sweet moment to share with her.


Hillary was with us the night I thought I was getting food poisoning. Matt mentioned to her that he was going to make me take a pregnancy test. The next morning she texted me, "Are you pregnant?" I replied, "No" and she replied, "Good!"...Little did she know...A few days later she invited me to lunch with her parents. While we were going through the line at Minnie's she said, "You're pregnant aren't you?" I couldn't lie. I told her that I was. She was freaked out for me, but in true Hillary fashion, kept my spirits up about it.

We always go to Aunt Sharon's house for Christmas Eve to exchange gifts. Aunt Sharon is basically a grandmother to me. After exchanging gifts we took some family pictures. I then asked to take a picture with just my mom, me, and Aunt Sharon. We had coached my Dad on what to do. He got the camera and said, "Ok...1, 2, 3, Say Cheese" We all said, "CHEESE!" He then said, "Let me take another one...Ok, 1,2,3, say APRIL'S PREGNANT". We all said, "APRIL'S PREGNANT!" Aunt Sharon laughed. Mama and I were waiting for her to get it. Finally she became serious and said, "Are you?" We (Mama and I) both nodded and she began to cry. It was a sweet memory I will forever cherish. Not only do we have pictures, but Jonathan and Matt were videoing the entire thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment