Saturday, April 24, 2010

It's Saturday...and I've been up since 6 AM. UHHHH. Why can't it be this easy to get up at 6 when I'm supposed to?? Anyway, my biopsy came back fine. Sadly, a sweet friend recently found out that her 11 month old baby girl has leukemia. How awful..My heart aches for the family, and I pray that God works a miracle in baby Tynsley's life.

Other news...Mama will be getting her new car today! She's getting a dark gray, Toyota Avalon 2011. Woohooo! I'm guessing this is her birthday present to herself...just 2 days early :)

I am taking pictures at Lakewood's "Miss Pretty in Pink" pageant today. I'm a little nervous, but I wanted to help in some way. Hopefully the pictures will come out nicely.

I woke up to the rain this morning, and it's the only sound I'm listening to at the moment...it can be so peaceful.

I can't believe I haven't shared this bit of information....I've been off of Diet Coke for 6 days now!...I really want to give it up and stick to water. I also really want to lose weight, but it's just hard to get into that mindset. It seems like everytime I turn around, we are going out for dinner...Dessert tonight? Sure, why not??...NO, I have to stop!

My back is feeling better, and if it weren't from my awful headache yesterday from not having a diet coke, Matt and I would have played...oh well, maybe tomorrow...if it's not raining.

Matt got on the baby kick again last night...I'm just not ready, and I'm not sure when I'll ever be ready. When I was little, I always imagined having kids...but now...not so much. There are so many worries and thoughts that go through my head. Not to mention the fact that I hardly see my husband as it is. Can't you imagine it now? We have a kid when I really wasn't ready..Matt works crazy hours and we hardly see him, so guess who takes care of the baby and house??...You guessed it...ME!....yep, not happening.

We have exactly 4 months left of school. I am excited, yes. Also, it is bittersweet. This marks the end of my first year teaching. I could not have asked for a more perfect class. Yes, we had behavior issues...let me stop..we had all issues possible, but I still feel like my class was what I needed. They have grown SO much. I can't believe it's winding down. God has blessed me far beyond my expectations, but then again, He always does. I am so thankful for all of the blessings given to me. I couldn't have asked to be apart of a better team of teachers. My fellow first grade teachers have all been a blessing to me.

There's Mobar, who always came walking down the hall before school started, and RIGHT after I got hired, letting me know that if I needed ANYTHING, to let her know. She surprised me after I got married with an S clipboard...just because..so sweet. She will be leaving after this year due to military, and we are going to really miss her.

There's Miller, who is a team teacher with Downey. She was so kind to me from day 1. She cracks me up all the time. I remember when she hurt her knee and had to have surgery this year. I went to visit her and it meant so much to her..which really meant a lot to me. She has overcome a lot this year and has done an outstanding job team teaching.

There's Riepe..and I kid you not, this woman smiles all the time. She is so calm, poised, and relaxed. Even when she's angry, it's hard to believe! She is a very driven woman who is an army wife and mom to 2 children. Not to mention, she's going to school and getting ready for her husband to be relocated. I don't know how she does it. She's like the superwoman teacher of first grade.

There's Kehoe...She doesn't have a mean bone in her body. She is so genuine...all the time. Everytime she walks by, she will make sure she tells us, and every other teacher hello. She truly cares about all of us and listens to all of our random life stories. Sometimes I go in her classroom just to get away. She's the easiest person to talk to. She's a very family-driven woman who would do anything for her boys.

There's Schofield...I felt like I knew her from the moment I met her. She took me in and was an immediate friend. She's been a close friend, especially before and during the transition of my team teacher coming in. She was always sympathetic and willing to give me her advice. I've enjoyed becoming closer to her through teaching and being in the same Sunday School class.

There's Downey...Downey was a college friend. Never did we imagine that we would end up at the same school. Let me tell you, when I cried (which was a lot during those first 2 months of school), she literally cried with me...I kid you not. I don't think I've ever had a friend to show such care, concern, and love as she did with her very own tears. She prayed with me, encouraged me, and lifted me numerous times when my spirits were down. She is such a blessing. I'm not sure what August, September, and October would have been like without her.

There's Courson...wow. She listened to me, let me cry, and voice my concern during those first few months. I'll never forget the day she came in, hugged me, and just let me cry. She was a rock. She watched after me and truly cared. When I look back at my first year, and even now, when I think about those first months, I think of her and how close she was. She didn't have to say much..just her presence alone was so calming. I look after her class whenever she has morning meetings or emergencies that come up. She always thanks me and has made comments of repaying the favor..what she doesn't know, is that I feel forever grateful to her for what she did for me that I enjoy being able to give back to her in small amounts whenever I can.

There's McSwain, aka Mama Bear, aka Madea (who loves Jesus) haha..also known as my team teacher. For the both of us, it was nerve wracking. We didn't know each other, she was having knee replacement surgery, and would be out for atleast 3 months. I can imagine that it was difficult for her. Knowing that someone else was coming into my room, and having to have the mindset that that person was my TEAM member. Knowing that person would be in charge for 3 months while I'm at home recovering. I think it was extremely difficult on both of us. Like I said above...I cried a LOT those first 3 months of school. I was so nervous for her return. I was terrified that it wouldn't work, and at the same time, I WANTED it to work. Mrs. Eller hired me with the faith that I was the perfect match for her and vice versa. I remember the first day of her return. I walked in to the classroom, Mrs. McSwain came to me with her arms outstretched, hugged me, and immediately began praying. She prayed that the nerves in both us of be ceased. From that prayer on, a bond began to form. We may not always see eye to eye or do things the same, but we are bonded together. She is like a mother to me. She sees me more than anyone else does! She looks after me. If you mess with me, you mess with her. Needless to say, Mrs. Eller was right about her decision. We joke all the time (Mrs. McSwain and myself). I tell her that no one else could have teamed with her and made it, but me...she totally agrees :) She's a blessing. I'm thankful to the Lord for what he has done in this situation. God is so good.

Well, I have really rambled this morning! I probably have all kinds of typos and errors, but I'm posting anyways! Looking forward to enjoying the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment