Sunday, April 18, 2010

Good news, Daddy's cancer is not melanoma, it is carcinoma.

Yesterday Matt and I bought some tennis rackets and balls and played tennis with Jonathan and Nicole(Jonathan's girl friend). We had a fun time. I didn't do so well and I realized just how out of shape I am! Dang! I've been feeling down about my weight lately...it's time to quit feeling sorry for myself and do something about it. SOooo, I'll be joining the Y soon..stay tuned! ;)

Today is my last day of "break". Tomorrow I go back to school. We only have 5 weeks until summer break and this last month of school will go by fast, I think. We have wet fest, 2 more field trips, and fun projects coming up. We (Matt and I) went to dinner with Hillary and Erin last night to celebrate my birthday. We had a good time :) After that, we went to my parents' house and watched some home videos. Many of them were embarassing; especially during the period of my weirdnes. I think all children reach that point where their hair is ridiculous, crooked teeth, and in my case, thick glasses. Needless to say, we didn't get home until AFTER midnight. Mama and I had praise team this morning, which meant that we had to be at church at 8:40. The good thing about having praise team means that we'll be on time, or early, for Sunday School. Speaking of Sunday School, Matt and I have joined a new class. I think for the first time since I've been in youth, I truly feel like I belong and feel that I am growing in my walk. Also, the class is enjoyable and I feel like I learn something new each Sunday. Jared (our leader/youth pastor) really helps us dig deep into God's word.

After church, we ate at Cracker Barrel with Mama and Jonathan. After that, we came home. I was really tired, but could think of a thousand other things that I needed/wanted to do before going back to school tomorrow. So far I have washed, dried, and folded about 3 loads. I also read a few chapters in my current book "My Sister's Keeper". Matt is taking a nap and I think I'll cook dinner to surprise him when he wakes.

Tomorrow Matt goes back to better work hours...thank God! He'll be working from 10-7. Now we can actually cook and eat dinner together AND go to bed together. I've missed coming home to him each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment