Friday, April 16, 2010

Daddy

I decided to take a break from cleaning and blog.

I had a spot come up on my skin about a year ago and decided to make an appointment a month ago. I didn't know that skin cancer ran in the family until a few weeks ago. Daddy got into a car accident, went to the doctor, and the doctor noticed a mole which Daddy said bled sometimes. Come to find out, my dad's uncle died from skin cancer, and my Daddy's dad(who died before I was born) had skin cancer. I went in at 11:30 today and the doctor removed that spot to send for a biopsy. A few hours later, my mom calls to tell me that my dad's spot was cancer, afterall. I feel a little shaken up, but also know that God is in control. I'll get results about mine in about 5 days. I pray that Daddy's is nothing serious and hope that if you're reading, you'll take a moment to pray as well.

Tonight we're supposed to celebrate my birthday (which was yesterday) with some precious friends of ours, Jamie and Chris Milner. Chris and Jamie have been through so much in the past year. Chris had his colon removed about a month or two ago and he'll be preparing for another soon. During our beach trip, I read the book "The Lovely Bones". It was pretty good, so I think I may try to watch the movie of it tonight.

Today's weather is absolutely beautiful. I sat on my front porch, rocking, and watching the beautiful birds. Ethel is sleeping sideways beside me and she looks so funny!

I have Christian radio on XM playing loudly as I clean, relax, and just enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment