Saturday, December 31, 2011

Letter to Edison

Edison, I’m not sure where to begin. Your Daddy and I are looking forward to meeting you. Mommy is 38 wks. 3 days and it seems as if the days are getting slower and slower in anticipation of your arrival. I pray for you every night. I pray for our family every night. Some of the things I pray for are your health and happiness. I hope you are a good, happy, and healthy baby. I hope you are funny like your Daddy, and affectionate like your Mommy. I hope you are easy going and respectful. I hope you learn to realize just how much you are loved by your Mommy and Daddy, along with other family members and friends. Your Maw hasn’t missed one single doctor’s appointment. She would get excited just to hear your precious heart beat. You were not planned, but you are the best unplanned surprise to happen to us. We loved you from the moment we knew you were in my stomach. We hope we will be wonderful parents for you. Since Mommy is a teacher, I have it planned for you to be able to read before you ever get to Kindergarten. We’ll see how that goes! You have already been very sweet to Mommy during this pregnancy. I have not had any morning sickness or bad effects from being pregnant. I love being able to feel you move around in my tummy. It’s going to be hard to share you once you come into the world; for 9 months, you have been all mine. I hope that your daddy and I will be able fall into a smooth routine. I wonder what you will look like. I wonder if you will have any hair. I hope that labor does not stress you out too much. Mommy would like to avoid a c-section if at all possible. I wish you could see your room right now. Mommy has done a lot to make it just perfect. Your Maw made your bedding, valence, some blankets, and has monogrammed your name on just about everything. I joke with everyone that you will know how to spell your name before you learn to speak in sentences. Your Paw is excited to meet you as well. He has great plans to take you fishing and golfing with him. Your Pappy has bought you many nice gifts, and you are being named after him. Daddy came up with your name off the top of his head one day before we ever thought of having you. When we found out you were a boy (on Valentine’s Day) we kept coming back to the name Edison. We hope you like your name. Your first due date was August 19th. It later changed to August 8th. I hope you love the Lord with all of your heart. I am already praying for your future wife and that she will love the Lord and will be the perfect mate for you. I want only the best for you and I would do anything to make sure you are happy, healthy, and safe. I hope that you are kind to all of your friends and that your friends are kind to you. I hope that you are respectful to other adults and I hope that you are smart, like your daddy. So far, in ultrasound pictures, you look like your Daddy. It seems as if you have your Daddy’s nose . I can’t wait to see what you look like. You have been created by love from your Mommy and Daddy. So far I have gained 23 pounds. Your heartbeat is normally in the 120’s and 130’s. I can’t wait to snuggle you and sing lullabies to you. I hope you are good at nursing and that you will be a strong boy. Daddy likes to talk to you through my stomach. It’s very funny to watch him do it and one day I will reenact it for you! I hope you do not have colic like your Daddy did when he was a baby. I can’t believe the time is winding down to finally meet you. I wonder how your Daddy will do during labor. I hope he is able to cut the umbilical cord. I hope he does not get sick or faint. You got so many things from baby showers. There were 4 showers thrown for you. We got about $400.00 in gift cards to Target, and $100.00 in gift cards to Baby’s R Us. You have so many toys, clothes, diapers, wipes, blankets, and bath stuff. This pregnancy has flown by! Always know that you are loved more than you can imagine. I will always be here for you. I’m looking forward to experiencing love at first sight for the very first time in my life. I love you to the heavens. Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment