Saturday, December 31, 2011

Letter to Edison Dec. 30

December 30, 2011 My happy baby boy, You are 21 weeks today. You are growing so quickly. I wish I had a button to slow time down. As I type, you are sleeping on the guest bed beside me making the sweetest noises. You can now grab things. You put anything you can in your mouth. At your last doctor visit, you were 26.5 inches long and weighed 15 pounds. You are my joy. Your smile is so contagious. Right now you are experimenting with your voice. It is the cutest thing. When Daddy and Go Go play their instruments, you sound like you’re trying to sing. You started eating rice and oatmeal about a month ago. You have oatmeal in the mornings. You started eating vegetables a few days ago. Your great grandmother (Maw Maw) fed you squash for the first time. You were such a good sport and made the funniest faces. We recorded it and took pictures. Two nights ago you had peas for the first time. You like peas. You sleep on your tummy and you are great about taking naps and going to bed. We do not have to rock you to sleep like some moms do with their children. Sometimes I rock you because I want to and because I know that you won’t be this little for long. Everyone comments on how happy you are. You are such a good baby. Daddy and I are so blessed. Maw, Daddy, and I took you to see Santa. You didn’t cry. Of course, at this point, you will let anyone hold you and love on you. You had so much hair when you were born, but a lot of it has fallen out around the sides. You have a good bit of hair right on the top of your head. When you wake up, it looks crazy and Daddy and I always laugh at the crazy mess of hair on top of your head. You eat around 6 oz of formula every 3-4 hours. When you are hungry, you scream until we pop the bottle into your mouth. As long as you aren’t hungry, you are a very easy-going baby. You steal the hearts of everyone who comes in contact with you. You met your Maw Maw and Grandaddy for the first time last week and they are crazy about you. You even talked to them (in your baby language). As I look back, I can’t believe it’s been almost 5 months since you were born. It seems like last week. I can’t believe how much you have grown. I shake my head as I put clothes away that are too small for you to wear. You wear 6 months clothes. You wore newborn clothes for 2 weeks. You wore 0-3 months for about a month. You wore 3 month clothes for a month. 3-6 month close for about 2 weeks and have been in 6 months close for a little over a month now. I take pictures of you all the time. When I put them on the internet for people to see, I just about add them all because I think they are all adorable. Even though I am sometimes saddened by your rapid growth, I also look forward to the new things that come along with each milestone. You have this toy that hangs from the handle of your carrier. I remember when you looked at it. Then I remember when you smiled at it. I remember when you raised your arm as if trying to grab it, but you couldn’t quite get the coordination to touch it. I remember when you touched it, and then you were touching it over and over and made it swing back and forth. One day as I was driving, I heard you pull it down (because it makes a funny noise when it’s pulled and retreats back to the original position), I was so excited. Now, you pull it all the time as if it is the easiest thing in the world to do. Your pediatrician says that you are perfect. We really like him. His name is Dr. Oliver. He takes his time with us when we take you to see him. You got shots at the last visit. You cried as they gave 5 shots to you, but you quickly got over them and became happy again. You ran fever the next day, but we gave you baby Tylenol and you were fine. Daddy and I think you may be teething. You gnaw on your fingers/hand all the time and we see a little white mass under your gums on the bottom jaw. You like to play on your play mat that has toys hanging above. You also like your swing. Sometimes you get so relaxed in your swing that you fall asleep. You got a lot of toys and things for Christmas, but we haven’t had much of a chance to sit down and play with them. You are so loved. Your daddy and I hope you love music as much as we do. We play instruments and songs for you all the time. Everytime you laugh, you get the hiccups! Oh! You rolled over from your back to your tummy about three weeks ago! You did it at home. Daddy and I missed it. All of a sudden, Daddy realized that you were on your tummy. You later did it for us again  You do not like to play on your tummy. Instead, you like to be on your back. You can even scoot yourself some on your back. You enjoy bath time and never give me any fuss about it, even if you are really tired. I’m looking forward to the summer time when I can spend all my time with you. Christmas break has been wonderful! I love you to the heavens! -Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment