Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving BREAK!

Praise Jesus! It's Thanksgiving break!!!

I love my job, don't get me wrong, but hallelujah that the school day is over. I didn't think 3:30 would ever make it!

I really need to get better at this whole "blog" thing.

School has been going very well. Matt has lost between 20-30 pounds with his new job..and me?? yeah, still the same weight...I need to get on the move..big time!

We have a Christmas musical coming up that I'm super stoked about. Matt is the lead character, Phillip. I play his sister, Jenny, and my mom is our dead mother...I'm sure that sounds crazy, but if you want to understand it better, come see the play! Matt, my mom, and I all have a solo and drama parts. I don't think I've ever been THIS nervous about a solo. I'm singing a serious gospel song that is even super gospel for gospel people if you know what I mean. :)

I've really gotten in to reading lately. I read "Charlie St. Cloud" last week and then watched the movie...the book was SO much better. Last night I finished up "The Shack". Best book I've ever read. I laughed, cried, and got angry. Such a wonderful book. You should read it :)

I will be getting braces soon. Not because I love them, but because I love straight teeth. I had braces for over 3 years when I was younger. My bottom teeth are perfectly straight, but the top...not so much. I will be getting them probably in late December or January. Dr. Serff said that I'll only need them on my top teeth and will probably have them for 6 months. On top of all that, he's given me the biggest discount you can imagine ;)

This time last year, Matt and I were honeymooning in Gatlinburg. We had such a wonderful time and I am so blessed that to say that we have had a wonderful, memorable, and crazy first year of marriage. We were supposed to stay in Tennessee until after Thanksgiving. My mom was devastated that she wouldn't have her whole family at the house for Thanksgiving. On a last minute whim, we decided to pack up and come home early. She was so surprised when we walked in the door on Thanksgiving that she cried. It was the best Thanksgiving I've ever had.

I can't wait to begin decorating for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment